Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Money DOES grow on trees!




By Cynthia
from Colorado

A few days ago I walked around the corner to the fenced dumpster with a bag of trash. On my way back I noticed (as usual) paper trash had blown into our little front area of bushes and perennials, now naturally mulched with several inches of dried leaves that have fallen off the lilac bush and the apple tree that flank each end of the little garden area. I bent over and started picking up pieces of trash, and all of a sudden my eyes did a weird fluttery thing - because I couldn't believe them, I guess! Pieces of trash magically turned into money right before my eyes, and it was as if my eyes did a double take! I reached down and pulled a half-exposed dollar bill out of the leaves, and then looked around, and there were more of them! I started laughing out loud! The thought went through my mind "money DOES grow on trees!" because they were mixed in with the leaves that had fallen from the trees above me! I picked them up and brought them in, it was not a hallucination!

I decided that although this was "only" a few dollars, it was a harbinger! This morning I have received $300 in orders from customers, even though I have NOT BEEN WORKING my job since the end of August. I've worked 80 hours a week for 7-1/2 years, and I took time off to do other things that my job never allowed time for: LIVING. Instead of feeling fear of being deprived of an income because of my choice for time off, I started practicing the Law of Attraction... simply as an expression of, and gratitude for, the abundance that I already have (which once seemed to be very little, now I realize as so much that I had failed to acknowledge). Recognition and gratitude are definitely creating MORE abundance, without my effort.

This is the beginning of having an income AND a life... no more of this "either/or" lie, that was only true when I believed it. Now I believe in LIFE AND ABUNDANCE in all forms, simultaneously. I CAN have it all!

About Cynthia from Colorado:

wife of 35 years, mother of 3 grown sons, grandmother of 4... I grew up programmed that "money doesn't grow on trees", that I have to work very hard for money (which is why I related so strongly to Jack Canfield, who said the same). Have a home based internet business, have worked 80 hours a week for almost 8 years... this is changing for me in a big way now!

Source: The Secret by Rhonda Byrne

P.S.
For EMPOWERING articles on Financial Freedom, Physical Well-Being, Emotional and Spiritual Health, click here: http://i-empowermyself.blogspot.com/

No comments: