Friday, August 15, 2008

The Duck gave me money!


By Ralph Q
from Atlanta, GA

I am a senior in college, planning to move to LA after graduation for acting. It had been two months since my tag expired because my vehicle would not pass emissions. I took it to a mechanic who told me that it will cost $1100.00 to fix my car. I had no money in my account and I had already received two tickets with the threat of my car being impounded next time...I started, before bed, to write all of the things i was grateful for, and that my intention was to have a car running in great condition before I moved to LA. A few days later I looked on The Duck (online campus account tool) and in my email I got a letter from the financial aid office saying they have disbursed some money into my account. I looked on my financial aid page where I have looked for the past 2 years for any money I should receive and didnt see anything. I looked on another screen, that I have NEVER looked at and saw that I was due a check for $1455.00!!!! The money came within two weeks, I was able to fix my car, my car runs like it did the first day I drove it, and I just put my new tag on a couple of hours ago! The miraculous thing to this story is, on a list of goals I wrote down months ago I stated that I wanted my car to be in tip top condition, and in January I told my financial aid officer that I didnt want any money dispursed for the summer but to disperse it all in the spring and they agreed. There is no way possible I was supposed to get that money and I still cant figure out where it came from! That's the law in action!

About Ralph Q from Atlanta, GA:

Student, and actor hoping to be influential in my movies and interviews

Source: The Secret by Rhonda Byrne

P.S.
For EMPOWERING articles on Financial Freedom, Physical Well-Being, Emotional and Spiritual Health, click here: http://i-empowermyself.blogspot.com/

No comments: