Friday, July 25, 2008

I just kept an end in mind


By Jacqueline
from Sunny, Florida

I just found The Secret a few weeks ago, and didn't realize that I had it within me all along. I was a student sitting in a lab pouring samples, and longing to get out of there. I wanted to be a dentist, and that day I was thinking about how much I wanted to just pack my things and go. I thought how good it would feel to wave good bye, and I even showed my co-workers how I would do it. I got a phone call at work from the school a few hours later, and I put in a 2 day notice. I got accepted into dental school! I waved them good bye just like I pictured it.

I had 2 days to get there with no thought on where I would get the money or where I would live, I just felt the nervous excitement inside me. I had a yard sale the next morning, and sold everything I needed to leave. I even got robbed $100 from someone at the yard sale, but that didn't bother me - I was high I life.

I'm now a mom when the doctors said it would be hard for me to conceive, and I am a dentist. To the young women out there who feel like a victim of something, turn it around, stand up for yourself. You can go to college and be a mom.

About Jacqueline from Sunny, Florida:

A part time mom who got her career first

Source: The Secret by Rhonda Byrne

P.S.
For EMPOWERING articles on Financial Freedom, Physical Well-Being, Emotional and Spiritual Health, click here: http://i-empowermyself.blogspot.com/

No comments: