Saturday, July 19, 2008

My body transformation


By Gaby E
from Caracas, Venezuela

In high school I was the fattest girl in my grade. My weight was around 178lbs, I was a size 12. I was always complaining about how ugly I was and how fat I was. Boys didn't like me very much, and with all the bad energy I carried with me I was a very unhappy person. I didn't go out that much, I stayed home eating or watching movies, feeling bad about myself because I was fat and all my friends were skinny and pretty. I wanted to be like them, but I saw it as IMPOSSIBLE. I always dieted but then I gained it all back. I had a really bad attitude in life.

One of those weekend nights, I found in my dad's room the book of The Secret. I began to read it and found it really interesting. One of my favorite quotes of this book is, "Whatever is going on in your mind is what you're attracting". Then I came into the part of "the Secret and your body" and I started to believe. I started visualizing myself as a hot girl, with a really good body. I knew the universe was going to give it to me, someday. Instead of thinking all the bad things I had, I only thought of all the things I WANTED to do when I became beautiful and skinny. I didn't want to compete with my friends, I just wanted to be different and look like a movie star.
I kept these skinny and these positive thoughts in my mind for almost 3 months.

One day I saw myself in the mirror, and I had become the person I wanted to be. My weight was 125 lbs. And I had on my sisters jeans that were size 2. My hair was long and pretty, my teeth were white, my skin was tan, my muscles were toned, my nails were done.

I've been thinking on the positive thoughts all along since that day I began to read The Secret. People stop in the streets and tell me I am beautiful. Yesterday I was asked to make a commercial on a shampoo. I'm going to be in TV next month. I can't be any happier.

The solution of every problem in my life is now in my hands. It's all a matter of what is in your mind. If you think positive, your life will be as you want it.

The Secret not only changed my body, but my mind and life.

About Gaby E from Caracas, Venezuela:

I'm 19 years old, from Caracas, Venezuela. I'm a first year psychology student.

Source: The Secret by Rhonda Byrne


P.S.
For EMPOWERING articles on Financial Freedom, Physical Well-Being, Emotional and Spiritual Health, click here: http://i-empowermyself.blogspot.com/

No comments: