Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Lottery


By Corky Goldberg-Schmautz
from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

I have been playing the lottery for quite a few years and have only won a few times a few dollars here and there.

I happened to be watching the Oprah show and caught the tail end of something that I really didn't understand. Oprah and her guests were talking about The Secret and the A New Earth book at the same time. I was a little confused, because when you watch a show like Oprah's, you need to see the beginning of the show.

After the show aired, I went in search of Eckhart Tolle's book, "A New Earth", but this was not quite the book that I was to pick up, but I did get it anyways.

The next day, I made a trip to one of our malls here and saw The Secret! I went in and purchased it with some of the bonus points that I had. I took the book home, thinking that I would just read it and that would be it. I must have read the book 5 times over and over again and marked it with post-it notes everywhere.

I did not believe what the book said and decided to try it. I wished that I would win the lottery in small amounts. To my surprise, I won 3 times in a row! That has never happened to me in all the years I have been playing. I then became a believer.

The next thing that I want to do is build a studio and teach those around me how to create. That is my next big dream.

"Whatsoever things ye ask for when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them" - By Wallace D. Wattles.

About Corky Goldberg-Schmautz from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada:

I am a struggling jewelry designer who is trying to get my ideas out there. I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada, and have 4 sons.
I am a native New Yorker from Flushing, Queens.

...from the Secret by Rhonda Byrne


No comments: